If you have a need for ‘moar’ M2 SSDs, perhaps this is a solution for you? ASRock is about to release a Ultra Quad M.2 card. It can hold four NVMe M2 SSDs, with the ability to place it into a VROC RAID configuration.
The x16 Gen 3 PCI Express add-in card can hold four x4 Gen 3 M2 units of up-to 10cm. If you worry about power, not an issue here either, as the card is fed with a 6-pin PEG power connector. Inside you’ll notice a number of things, the M2 cards are cooled with small thermal pads towards the heatsink, but also some active cooling is present in the form of a fan. The unit is VROC compatible, but that does require an expensive activation key from Intel.
- PCIe Gen 3 x16 interface
- Supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 PCI Express module Gen3 x4 32Gb/s
- Supports Intel® VROC technology
- Fully support Intel® latest NVMe M.2 SSD
- Variable speed cooling fan
- ASRock Ultra Quad M.2 Card Utility